An informative information guide for people considering a discectomy and post surgery guidelines.
Table of Contents
- What is a discectomy?
- Why do I need a discectomy?
- After your surgery
- The Pain Scale
When will I be ready to go home?
- How long will it take for me to recover from my surgery?
- Your healing and recovery process
- How do I manage my pain?
- How do I take care of my incision at home?
- What activities can I do after my surgery?
Use proper posture and body mechanics
- Ask your surgeon
- Questions I have for my doctor about my activity
When will I see my surgeon again?
- When you go home, call your surgeon if you notice
- Parts of the spine